Developer Training: JAMstack 101 with Next.js / VERCEL and Agility CMS
JAMstack is not about specific technologies.
JAMstack is a new way of building websites and apps that delivers better performance, higher security, lower cost of scaling, and better developer experience.
It is the combination of underlying tooling that makes JAMstack so exciting.
Get started with Headless CMS and JAMstack using Next.js.
- The world’s leading companies use and love Next.js
- Next helps developers save time, removing the need to use bundlers like webpack and then transform using compilers. This enables them to pre-render static pages, adding to a website's performance and its SEO.
- Next.js enables hot-module replacement, which means that instead of reloading an entire application when code is changed, it only recreates modules that have been altered.
This is what we’ll cover in the training session, aimed at web developers:
- Get started with a free Agility CMS account
- Get everything running in your local dev environment
- Build out some new functionality with an additional module
What you’ll need:
- A terminal window
- Visual Studio Code (or your favorite code editor)
- A sense of humor
- A cute puppy or kitten (optional)