Future-proof Solution with Flexible and Intuitive CMS platform
Cineplex rebuilt the site on Agility’s CMS platform in 2010 with the support of Agility’s former professional services team, launching a new design and a bigger focus on online sales. The site was integrated with Cineplex’s internal systems, which includes their back-end show time and ticketing database, as well as their internal ticket-purchase Ecommerce engine.
In 2014, Cineplex rebuilt the site again on top of Agility’s flexible and intuitive CMS platform’s code base. The new site had to be optimized for mobile to provide a user-friendly experience on every screen-size (desktop, tablet, mobile). This newest iteration has a responsive design and uses newer front-end and back-end technologies.
With each rebuild, Agility’s CMS allowed Cineplex to increase the scalability of the site and to optimize their hosting resources. The latest iteration utilizes a new hosting environment across load balanced servers for optimal site speed and performance. The site is now handling more traffic with less CPU load than in previous years.
Backend administration is drastically streamlined
The Cineplex team has been extremely happy with the Agility CMS team and platform in each redesign and rebuild of their site.
Their traffic impressions are now successfully maintained, their backend administration is drastically simplified and streamlined and the overall usability of the site has improved.
"I love that Agility gives us the ability to quickly iterate and build components. Changes are reflected extremely fast, allowing or team to make decisions on the go and adapt to new needs with fast turnarounds. Agility also has a great support team / community along with their documentation which makes it easy to find solutions if you're not acknowledged with the platform already. The support for multiple platforms / stacks is also an asset", - Vinícius Philot, Frontend Web Developer
Users can also now search for movies significantly easier by using personalization methods what increases customer loyalty.
Cineplex reported that the Agility CMS is intuitive, easy-to-use and the Cineplex Team can now easily manage their own content and nearly all of their development tasks. The Agility professional services team is always available and brought in on a consultative basis or to handle tricky new code.
In 2018, Cineplex easily handled:
Benefits of Agility CMS for Media and Entertainment Brands:
- We bring an industry-leading level of performance to your website. Agility’s proprietary caching technology extends the caching capabilities in ASP.NET to provide blazing fast performance on any size of site with any traffic load. Agility also supports load-balanced configurations for your Web site
- Create multiple media libraries to store and stream your content, from images, music and video, to PDFs, Flash or Silverlight applications and more
- Use our Modules — widgets — to add static, dynamic or interactive content. Modules like online forms, image galleries and newsletter subscription boxes
- Standardized workflows for your content and media teams. Workflows can be managed automatically or manually, and users can easily follow and define each step
- The platform is built for mobile. It includes built-in responsive design capabilities and can build mobile apps and dedicated mobile sites
- Sites are search engine optimized and indexed by Google and other search engines
The platform provides a consistent user experience for our content team to easily make updates to movie/theatre details, content and metadata, news, blogs, contests and more.
Former Chief Technology Officer at Cineplex